Neurological consultation is an examination procedure that is performed to check the condition and detect disorders of the body’s nervous system, as well as diagnose nerve diseases that may be suffered by the patient. The results of the consultation will be used as a guide for doctors to determine and plan the appropriate type of treatment. You can also find out about this problem on Urgent Care Macomb MI.
Neurological diseases are disorders that occur in the body’s nervous system, including the brain and bone marrow (central nervous system), and nerves that connect the central nervous system with organs (the peripheral nervous system). Disruption of the nervous system can cause disruption of all or part of bodily functions, such as difficulty moving, breathing, speaking, memory disorders, and impaired functioning of internal organs, such as the heart and lungs.
There are three types of nerves in the human body, including:
– Motor nerves, which are the types of nerves that send signals (impulses) from the brain and spinal cord to all the muscles in the body. This nervous system allows one to perform various activities, such as walking, catching a ball, or moving a finger to take something.
– Sensory nerves, the type of nerve that sends back signals (impulses) from the skin and muscles back to the spine and brain. This nervous system affects sensory functions in the human body, such as vision, hearing, touch, feeling, smell, and balance.
– Autonomic nerves, which are types of nerves that control the function of body movements that are not or half-realized, such as heart rate, blood pressure, bowel movements, and regulation of body temperature.
Patients generally do not need to make special preparations before undergoing neurological consultation. However, there are a number of things that patients need to bring when meeting a neurologist. These things include:
– Overall health history. Patients should bring all the results of previous examinations, such as the results of laboratory tests, X-rays, CT scans, MRI, EEG, or EMG that have been undertaken.
– Types of drugs, supplements, or herbal products that are being consumed. Patients should bring a list of medications or the physical form of the drug being consumed so that doctors can find out which treatment therapy is being carried out.